Ten Attributes of a Great Leader
What are the ten attributes of a good leader? Too often people in leadership roles are arrogant, self-centered, uncaring, narrow-minded and distant. True, they may be able to get tasks accomplished by their reluctant employees or have total control at home with their overbearing attitude. This may lead them to think that their management style is effective. Nothing could be further from the truth. How much more would they accomplish with employees who enjoyed working for them? What if their children felt so loved and connected, they rarely needed to be disciplined?
Here is my short list of the attributes that great leaders possess:
- Inspires others with her humility, integrity and authenticity.
- Knows that he does not have all the answers. Open-minded and learns from others, just as they learn from him.
- Does not manipulate or bully others into doing what she wants them to do.
- Understands that she does not know what is best for another person. She encourages them to discover for themselves, what would be best for them.
- Surrounds himself with smart, creative people and he gives those people the freedom to do things in their own manner.
- Encourages others to trust their own inner guidance and value it more than anyone else’s opinion.
- Trusts and follows her own inner wisdom, even though others may not agree with her choices.
- Does not run away from problems, because challenges are the building blocks of strength and resilience.
- Is kind and compassionate, but does not do for others, what they can do for themselves.
- Inspires others to overcome their fears, reach beyond their comfort zones and pursue their goals/dreams.
Please feel free to add to the list of attributes you think a great leader should have, by posting them in the comment section.
If you like this post, please share it.